building libkflash fails and a workaround

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Mar 8 18:55:10 CET 2006

Luciano Montanaro wrote:

>On Wednesday 08 March 2006 13:42, Yan Seiner wrote:
>

>>Luciano Montanaro wrote:
>>

>>>On Tuesday 07 March 2006 23:06, yan seiner wrote:
>>>
>>>The problem may be due to the visibility features of newer gcc's.
>>>

>>I am using gcc 3.4.4.
>>

>Officially the visibility stuff has been included in gcc 4.0.
>However many distributions provide gcc 3.4 patched to support it.

Could this have something to do with it?  I am using gcc 3.4.4 built
using Dan Kegel's crosstools-0.37....

configure: WARNING: Your libstdc++ doesn't appear to be patched for
                   visibility support. Disabling -fvisibility=hidden

>I have committed an updated kflashpart. Can you try if it works for you?

I am using konqueror3-embedded-0.2-20060121, patched a bit for my
purposes, so I ran a diff from the SVN tree and my tree for the flashlib
dir.  I really don't want to start my whole build process over using the
SVN tree.

I'm not sure how the build process works for the SVN tree, but
Makefile.in is missing from the SVN flashlib dir...  If I use
Makefile.in from my dir, the build complains that it can't find
sqrt.cc...  If I use the SVN tree, the build complains that it can't
find Makefile.in....

I can patch Makefile.in by hand, but I'm guessing that it's
autogenerated at some point....

--Yan