building libkflash fails and a workaround

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Wed Mar 8 10:34:26 CET 2006

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 23:06, yan seiner wrote:

The problem may be due to the visibility features of newer gcc's.

> extern unsigned char SQRT[];

> #include "sqrt.cc"

This may work; if all goes well, it will not insert n copies of the 64K
table in the object, since the table is marked const...

But there should be a cleaner way.
I'll look into this. I'm thinking of an inline sqrt function with a static
table...
I'll do some experiments and let you know.

--
Łŭčīåñø Montanaro //
              \\ //