Certificates...

Eva Brucherseifer eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de
Mon Jan 30 15:56:35 CET 2006

Hi,

I am digging myself through the kssl code as I experience some problems here
(kdelibs3.5/qte3 version). I hope you have some input for me to the following
questions:

* user certificate dialog
The "Details" button doesn't work here. It seems the DCOP call to
showSSLInfoDialog doesn't work. How is the DCOP stuff supposed to work
anyways in konqe?
One of the problems seems to be, that the UIServer is registered as
kio_uiserver instead of UIServer. (main.cc, line 307).

* I found out, that the KSSLInfoDlg class exists twice: in dropin/kssl and in
kdesrc/kssl. Isn't that a problem? If I remove the class in dropin/kssl it
doesn't compile, so it seems the other one isn't used.

* self-signed certificates
They are saved to the file ksslpolicies, but I see 2 problems:
- both the very long certificate and chain string are cut off
- the Hosts key doesn't have any values set, as it should have (the domains)
In my desktop version the host even appears in the group string, which it
doesn't do here.

Any input on this? Do others see the same problems?

Greetings,
eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
General Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de