More Konqueror Q

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Jan 24 15:19:55 CET 2006

I figured I can piggyback on Eva's questions....  :-)

1.  I am using kiosk mode with scroll bars enabled.  Where are the
styles set?  The default bars are fairly large and consume a visually
disproportionate part of my screen.  Also, since I am working with a
monochrome screen, I'd like to be able to set colors for the scroll bars.

2.  Where are the default fonts picked?  I need to eliminate all but 4
font sizes of a unicode/utf-8 font.  Right now the fontdir consumes
about 14 MB; all I really need is a normal and bold sans-serif font in 4
sizes.  If I just remove unwanted fonts, will QT only pick the ones that
are left?  Or will I get those 'fonts unavailable' blocks?  How do I
know which fonts are unicode?  (This machine will be shipped world-wide,
and configured locally by dealers, so I can't really test all possible
combinations....)

3.  How do I prevent konqueror from writing to the disk?  I have a small
ramfs for /tmp, but konq is still writing cache data to /...  How can I
prevent that?  My / will be readonly....

4.  Has anyone configured ksvg or ksvg2 with konq/e?  Using client-side
graphics would make my life much easier, and the system much more
user-friendly....

Thanks,

--Yan