gui types

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Mon Jan 23 19:37:36 CET 2006

On Monday 23 January 2006 19:17, yan seiner wrote:
> Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> >On Saturday 21 January 2006 02:16, yan seiner wrote:
> >>I'm tyring to get a bare gui - no upper menubar - but with a right
> >>scrollbar...
> >>
> >>I tried
> >>
> >>        --with-gui=kiosk \
> >>        --enable-scrollbars
> >>
> >>but that didn't work....
> >>
> >>Any suggestions?  If I use the QPE or X11 GUI, is there a way to turn
> >>off everything except the right scrollbar?
> >
> >The scrolbars are shown only when needed. Don't they appear when the
> > page contents is longer than the screen?
>
> Luciano:
>
> The scroll bars appear as you would expect if I complie with gui=x11.
> qui=kiosk seems to eliminate the scrollbars, and ignores the
> --enable-scrollbars....
>
> I'm trying to run some makes just to see if I can pick up on a
> difference between the options....

Ok. They are always disabled in the kiosk module.

See mainwindow_kiosk.cc

If you want to keep them, commenting the

    v->document()->view()->setVScrollBarMode( QScrollView::AlwaysOff );
    v->document()->view()->setHScrollBarMode( QScrollView::AlwaysOff );

lines should do what you want.

> I am trying the latest snapshot (the one released over the weekend.)
>
> --Yan

Luciano Montanaro //
              \\ //
               \x/ www.cirulla.net