Tabbing

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Jan 19 16:28:13 CET 2006

Luciano Montanaro wrote:

>On Thursday 19 January 2006 16:06, Yan Seiner wrote:
>

>>Konqueror (both /e and 3.3.2, the one installed on this box) appear to
>>ignore buttons when you use the tab key to navigate....
>>
>>I've tried tabindex and it is ignored for <button> fields.  Focus just
>>skips over the button and moves on to the next <input> field.  Firefox
>>works as you would expect, focusing on each element in turn, including
>>buttons....
>>
>>Is there any way to change this behavior?
>>

>Do you have a test case ready? I'd like to check it out.
>If it does not work on current konqueror, it should be reported as a bug for
>the khtml component. If you can, check the behaviour on Internet Explorer
>too, and mention your results.

I don't have access to IE at the moment....  I'll have to borrow a
machine at work and test this...

Here's the minimal page I am using to test assorted functionality

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title></title>
<script type="text/javascript">
function startCalc(){
  interval = setInterval("calc()",1);
};
function calc(){
    one = document.autoSumForm.firstBox.value;
    two = document.autoSumForm.secondBox.value;
    document.autoSumForm.thirdBox.value = (one * 1) + (two * 1);
};
function stopCalc(){
  clearInterval(interval);
  };
</script>
</head>
<form name="autoSumForm">
<input tabindex="1" type=text name="firstBox" value=""
onclick="JavaScript:startCalc()" onblur="javascript:stopCalc();"> +
<input tabindex="2" type=text name="secondBox" value=""
onfocus="javascript:startCalc();" onblur="javascript:stopCalc();"> =
<button tabindex="3" type=button>xys</button>
<input tabindex="4" type=text name="thirdBox">
</form>