New to Building Konq/E

Eva Brucherseifer eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de
Sun Feb 5 22:48:07 CET 2006

Am Sonntag 05 Februar 2006 19:50 schrieb Lorn Potter:
> On Sunday 05 February 2006 21:29, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 February 2006 03:54, Jim Burnes wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I'm a senior software engineer, but new to building Konq/E.  I'm
> > > targetting a MIPS32 environment and would like to cross compile the
> > > latest pre 4.x Konq/E version.  I'm building this from my Mac OS X
> > > workstation.  I have the correct MIPS gcc toolchain for my
> > > environment.
> >
> > Konqueror embedded has been recently ported to kdelibs 3.5.1 (latest
> > stable version). As of this time, it will not work with trunk kdelibs
> > (what will become kdelibs 4.0).
> >
> > So you need the latest Qt 3 libraries for your platform,
> > kdelibs 3.5.1
> > and a fresh checkout from the kdenox repository.
> >
> > Work in in progress to adapt konqueror embedded to Qt-embedded/Qtopia 2.
> > If that is what you are interested in, you need to use the svn repository
> > to check out the sources.
>
> Perhaps you mean adapt to Qtopia Core 4 (qt/e 4).
> Konq-e has compiled against qt/e2 for years.

There is an old snapshot from 2003 that worked with qt/e2, but since then
konqe only worked with qte3. We are working on a project right now to port
the current version back to qte2.

Greetings,
eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
General Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de