windows build

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Apr 21 10:34:56 CEST 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 22:56, matovsks at gdls.com wrote:
> Can anyone tell how to build Konq-e on Windows. I have a project that
> requires an embedded web browser. My system is Windows NT embedded. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

I have no experience with Windows, so I can't be of much help there.

However, the build system (automake and autoconf) tend to think of the host
OS as a variation of Unix, and there are a few places where a posix system
is assumed in the konqueror embedded sources as well.

I know there was a cygwin port of KDE, maybe they have some more insight on
windows port, if you want to try the port yourself.

Alternatively, if you have the time, KDE 4 is supposed to be ported to
Windows, too, and at that point so might konqueror embedded. The more
optimistic estimates of a KDE4 preview are for the next autumn, however.

Luciano

--
Łŭčīåñø Montanaro //
              \\ //