Script cause KHTML to freeze

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Wed Apr 19 11:09:28 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 06:17, yj wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using the konq-e snapshot 20040524 and I meet a
> problem while accessing some sites,
> there is a dialog pop up with a message:
>
> A script on this page is causing KHTML to freeze. If
> it continues to run, other applications may become
> less responsive.Do you want to abort the script?"),
>
> and then the process can't response for any operation,
> how to solve this problem?

This message is shown when a javascript page keeps executing javascript code
for too long without interruption. It may be a problem in the javascript
code, or a bug in the javascript interpreter or simply the javascript code
is too complex for your hardware to execute.

JavaScript is executed synchronously and to have a responsive system JS code
should not do heavy computation.

The snapshot you are using is quite old anyway. Doesn't one of the more
recent snapshot work better? Javascript execution has been optimized during
the KDE 3.4 and 3.5 development, so it may work better for your needs.

Try the latest snapshots from:

http://www.cirulla.net/kdenox-snapshots/

Luciano

--