Keep Alive Timeout

Trevor Armstrong trevor at eecg.toronto.edu
Thu Jun 23 19:29:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm running Konqueror Embedded (20030705 snapshot) on Familiar Linux
0.8.1. The problem I'm having is that for some of the sites I contact the
web browser doesn't close the keep alive connection after it's done with
all the transfers. What happens is that the browser just sits their until
the web servers keep alive timeout occurs (typically 15 seconds). This is
severely messing up some experiments I'm trying to run, and I'm just
wondering if anyone knows why the connection isn't being closed? Has
anyone encountered this problem before and/or know how to fix it? Is it a
configuration issue on the browser side or the server side? I'm using a
proxy so is there something the proxy should be doing to handle this
situation?

Thanks for any help you can give,
Trevor