Problem compiling konqueror3-embedded-0.2-20050428 | SOLVED

Anes Lihovac anes.lihovac at web.de
Tue Jun 14 08:51:50 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 13. Juni 2005 18:28 schrieb Anes Lihovac:
> Hi
>
> I have a problem compiling
>
> konqueror3-embedded-0.2-20050428.
> I also tried konqueror3-embedded-0.2-20050408, both are snapshots from
> http://www.cirulla.net/kdenox-snapshots/.
>
> Compiling is fine IMHO, but then linking it all together in the end,
> fails.
> Attached you will find the output.
> Hope someone can help.
>
> Thanks in advance and best regards
> Anes

Hi

Last night I tried it on a diffrent machine and it just worked.
The first try was on Fedora Core 3 and the second on Debian Sid.

Now I am wondering how to get the browser a bit smaller.
Compiled and stripped it was ~4.5 MB .
Then I used upx to compress it and and get it down to ~1.5MB.
Not Bad at all, but the qt Lib is a ~7.5 MB Beast.
Any idea how to compile and link Konq-e with Qt static so in order to
make the upx compress on both ?!?

Best regards

Anes