trying konqueror-embedded_20050322

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Mon Apr 11 11:54:23 CEST 2005

El Lunes 11 Abril 2005 09:24, chingwuen escribió:
> Hi !
> I've tried to do a little modifications in Konq/E (2005/04/08)...
> konq-embed/kdesrc/khtml/ecma/kjs_window.cpp
> line 626
> --Value k( new Konqueror(exec, part) );
> ++Value k( new Konqueror(part) );
> line 2424
> --return Value( new KonquerorFunc(this, p.qstring().latin1() ) );
> ++return Value( new KonquerorFunc(exec, this, p.qstring().latin1() ) );
>
> and removed all X elements like "qt_xdisplay()","flushX()"... from
> konq-embed/kdesrc/khtml/khtmlview.cpp
>
> Now I can compile successfully with qt-embedded-free-3.3.4 thread
> supported.
>
> But when I browse some websites, it will crash.
> Ex:
> ./konqueror -qws http://www.acm.org/
> launcher: error sending launcherSlavePidCmd: Broken pipe
> Segmentation fault
>
> But other sites ok.
> Ex: http://www.google.com
>
> Konq/E (2005/04/08) with X11 is all right.
>
> Any solution?

Well, maybe you have removed a bit too much/some other workarounds were
needed. Can you send me a patch of your changes against the snapshot?

Maybe they could help me finding where the problem is, and in any case,
they may be applied to enable others to produce again a qt-e based
konqueror.

The problem, from the few hints you are providing, may reside in the
io-slaves, or in the image loaders. You may try producing some test pages
with images in various formats, and see if they crash konqueror.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro       //
                    \\ //