trying konqueror-embedded_20050322

Stanimir stan at openintegra.com
Sun Apr 10 02:31:21 CEST 2005

Holger Schurig wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I'm trying to get Konq/E Snapshoot 20050322 from
>http://www.cirulla.net/kdenox-snapshots to compile inside OpenEmbedded.
>
>That's a crosscompilation on x86 for an XScale target.
>
>I needed to apply the attached patch to circumvent around some problems.
>
>But now I'm stuck, and get this error-messages:

I also confirm  that there is same error message when trying to compile
Konq/E (2005/04/08) for x86 using QT Embeded.
I've found that snapshots after 2004/05/24 can't be compiled using QT
Embeded. :(
What is the point to call the embedded version of Konqueror - Konq/E if
we can't compile it with QT Embedded?
Why we call this branch of KDE - KDENOX (KDE No X) if at the moment it
works only with X11?! :)
Konq/E -=was=- unique becouse of  its capability to work without X11,
and being  that way embedded everywhere. Otherwise one could simply use
Firefox.