konqueror --dump-png google.png http://google.com

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Tue Mar 16 20:39:29 CET 2004

I've produced the following framebuffer solution:

    Xvfb :1 -ac -screen 0 640x480x8 -fbdir /home/cce/xvfb &
    export DISPLAY=:1.0
    konqueror -geometry 640x480+0+0 http://google.com &
    sleep 15
    xwpick -window root -format epsi snap.eps
    xwpick -window root -format gif snap.gif
    killall konqueror
    killall Xvfb

Any suggestions for improving?  For instance, it would
be great if I could put in a "trace" mode in konqueror
where it would write to stdout that it has finished
rendering the page (so I can get rid of "sleep 15").
I think everything else, like killing the correct pids,
could be done via a python script.

Anyway, thank you for such a wonderful browser,

Clark