klibloader / launcher unkwon signal 15

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at virgilio.it
Tue Mar 2 10:42:29 CET 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 16:56, Hihn, Jason wrote:

> Konqueror:klibloader.cpp:66 virtual void* KLibrary::symbol(const char
> *): Assertion 'res' failed.
>
> Debug: launcher received unknown command 15
>

> The assert is that the symbol passed in is not null.
>

> Anyone have an idea?

Yes, I know this problem. It is related to the OpenSSL libraries-
Konqueror tries to resolve symbols that are not present in current
OpenSSL libraries. I'll try to investigate the issues, but I'm quite
busy right now. I just checked in a change in kdenox that lets konqueror
proceed even with missing symbols (The assert() has become a kdError(),
so konqueror can continue, and we can see the unresolved symbols).

I'll try to make a new snapshot this evening.

Luciano