[konq-e] Hitch compiling latest snapshots on Mandrake 9.2

Barry Kauler bkauler at goosee.com
Mon Jun 14 01:03:11 CEST 2004

Hi guys,
I successfully compiled the konq-e mid-2003 snapshot, that uses Qt 2.3.1,
on Mandrake 9.2. I compiled Qt from source myself.

I uninstalled Qt 2.3.1 and then compiled and installed Qt 3.3.1, with the
intention of compiling Luciano's later snapshots.

I tried the 20040524 snapshot:

I had to install kdelibs-common and libkdecore0 packages to get that dcopidl
program. I also installed libpcre0-devel, needed for optimum Javascript.

Ok, it configured, but got an error during compile. Seems it needs some
KDE printing support, that my system doesn't have (the mid-2003 snapshot was
fine with printing). So, I disabled printing support.

It compiled for a long time, and I was starting to get happy, but then
there was this error message:
"mainwindow_x11.cc: 197: invalid use of undefined type 'struct QRegExp'"

I gave up, and went to an earlier snapshot, 20031201 by Luciano again.
This time there is a configure error:
"program kconfig_compiler not found"

-- now, Mandrake has superb package management tools and I was able to search
the entire package database, and nowhere in all 3 Mandrake CDs is there that
file "kconfig_compiler".

So, I'm wondering what to do next...
As I almost got there with the 20040524 snapshot, could anyone advise me about
that undefined QRegExp structure?

Any help most welcome!
Note, I'm rebuilding my minimal Puppy Linux distro, and this time I'm trying to
write a super-script so that anyone can also build their own Puppy.
The last version of Puppy used an old version of Mozilla, with as many files
stripped out as possible, but I want to reconsider using Konq-e.
Note also, the main usage of Puppy is booting off a usb flash drive and Puppy
runs in a ramdisk. Puppy is compiled for IBM-PCs minimum 586 CPU.

Regards,
Barry Kauler