compiling latest konq-e from CVS

Boss Man b0ssman at wrconsult.net
Sat Jun 12 00:20:48 CEST 2004

Luciano Montanaro wrote:
>>ok, i'll do a complete build of kdelibs before proceeding.  i thought
>>the directions indicated otherwise (well, ok, the directions i read in
>>the archive, dated circa last month), but no big deal.
>
> I suspect they are a bit outdated...

i've actually checked out the qt-copy & i'm currently building that...

wow, lots of steps just to see if i can use the HTML rendering piece
without using KApp.

>>thanks for your help, i'm still trying to get this thing to build so i
>>can actually see if i can use it.  is there a huge dependency on kapp?
>>our application is built with qapp, & no, i can't change that fact.
>>since kapp inherits from qapp & kconfig, i hope i can make it work with
>>just qapp.
>
> The KApplication class is mostly a stub. See konq-embed/dropin/kapplication.
> {cpp,h}. The supplied methods are required by KHTML and KIO (DCOP messaging
> etc.), so I think it would be not so easy to get rid of the KApplication
> stub.
> Are you sure you cannot use the stub instead of the QApplication class?

yes, i'm sure.  i'll have to extract the HTML / CSS pieces & see if i
can eliminate the KApp dependencies in them.  sigh.  this sure isn't
easy.  i just wish the HTML rendering was more decoupled.