Compiling the latest and greatest

Jason Hihn jhihn at lanexdvr.com
Thu Jan 22 16:33:09 CET 2004

Hello all,

I am attempting to compile Konq-E against Qt 3.2.3 eval. I've read and
searched this list, and figured most of it out, but I'm still having
problems.

I grabbed the konq3 snapshot dated 20031201.

I doctored the configure script, it works now.

When I 'make' I get a redefinition error for struct addrinfo, I fixed that
via a #define

Then I get as far as an undeclared symbol __KDEBINDIR on kstandarddirs.cpp,
line 688, KDEDIR (same file),

mkstemps in ktempfile (my system has mkstemp). I keep doctoring (is all this
doctoring needed?)

I keep doctoring until I get the following error:

In file included from http.h:28,

                 from http.cc:69:

../../kdecore/netsupp.h:274: previous declaration of `int

KDE::inet_pton (int, const char *, void *)' with C++ linkage

/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:60: conflicts with new declaration with C

linkage

../../kdecore/netsupp.h:284: previous declaration of `const char

*KDE::inet_ntop (int, const void *, char *, unsigned int)' with C++

linkage

/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:67: conflicts with new declaration with C

Linkage

I haven't changed any linkages, nor do I know how to, so I am lost.

If someone could please tell me what I did wrong, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!