Interactive Bookmarks

Paul Chitescu Paul.Chitescu at IMC-Group.org
Mon Jan 5 17:16:09 CET 2004

"Derek Belrose" <derek at bluefrog.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if someone has already come up with a patch for this:
>
> What I want to do is something along the lines of a bookmark that when
clicked
> opens up a dialog box, and accepts input, appending it to the query of the
> URL.
>
> For example:
>
> www.whois.sc will take a domain as a query argument, so:
>
> http://www.whois.sc/kde.org will bring up a page with the whois info for
> kde.org.
>
> Is there functionality built into Konqueror for this?  Or how would I go
about
> implementing this functionality

You can do it several ways.

First, you can create bookmarks to local pages with FORM elements that
submit to the remote server.

Second, you can create a sidebar form for each of these "special" links
(similar to previous method but more elegant).

Third, you can use Javascript bookmarklets that open a prompt window and
append the result to a string that set as window.location.href.

Paul

--
 Paul Chitescu
 pchitescu at null.ro   http://pchitescu.null.ro/   ICQ:22641673