Cross-compile konq-e to sh4-linux

xycheng97 xycheng97 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thu Feb 26 10:16:44 CET 2004

Hi, all
I am trying to cross-compile konq-e to sh4-linux:
First, I install sh4-linux devkits on my PC. The OS on my PC is redhat9.0 with
maximum installation.

Second, I cross-compile qt-embedded-2.3.2 to sh4 successfully, and I can run the
qt-e demo program on sh4 platform.

Then I begin to cross-compile konqueror-e with version snapshot-20030705:
"CC=sh4-linux-gcc
CXX=sh4-linux-g++,
./configure --host=sh4-linux --disable-debug --enable-qt-embedded"

But problem appears, and below is the log:
"configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking host system type... sh4-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... sh4-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for sh4-linux-strip... sh4-linux-strip
checking for sh4-linux-gcc... sh4-liunx-gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot
create executables
See `config.log' for more details."

It seems that my c compiler is too old.
But I think my c compiler is new enough to compile konq-e.
How can i solve this problem?
Would anybody help me?