Patch for KFlashPart

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Wed Dec 15 12:20:36 CET 2004

El Viernes 10 Diciembre 2004 11:24, Pouenat Francois escribió:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I did some work on the flash addon and now it is time to share it with
> konqueror users.

I'm sorry for the late reply, but I have been on vacation last week, and I'm
actually quite busy this week, as a consequence.

> The major add is the masking effect. Currently it works only with 32Bit
> color but it could easily work with 8-16Bit colors by just moving some
> code from generic graphic file to color dependant files, for 24Bit it
> will be a little harder. I don't have much time to do this now but as
> most of us use 32Bit that is not a big problem, is it ?

Yes, I think 32 bit is ok. Actually, I think qt uses 32bit and 8 bit only
internally.

> There is also few correction for flash button and cursor management, it
> works well for both mouse-like device and pen-like device. For mouse
> devices, you have to set  "MOUSE_TRACKING" to 1 in flashlib/flash.h or
> set it to 0 for pen devices and compile again. This can be checked in
> configure script with Qt configuration but configure script and libtool
> are still quite obscure for me, sorry ;o)
>
> The last small correction is for sound management: Sound configuration is
> checked from rc file in KFlashFactory's constructor in order to have
> sound even with a static build.
>
> I attached 2 patches, one for the old version of Konq-e (20030705
> snapshot/qt2) and the other one for the last version (konq3 20040524
> snapshot/qt3).
>
> That's not big work but give me feedback if it is buggy. Nonetheless,  as
> I said earlier, I will not have much time to spend on this until end of
> January or mid February.

I'll try to find the time to test the patch and commit it if it does not
break things, at least for the head branch.
I know next to nothing about flash, however, so pointers to test cases are
appreciated.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                          - Enoch Root