konqueror crosscompile error for ARM

Paul Chitescu Paul.Chitescu at IMC-Group.org
Wed Dec 1 12:28:41 CET 2004

Hi!

The different mangling of the C++ name suggests different versions of gcc.
I'd guess the cross compiler is a gcc-3 while your native one is a gcc-2.

You can use the c++filt program to demangle the symbols. nm --demangle can
also do it for you.

There may also be a problem with ar or ld (part of binutils) not building the
libraries correctly. Can you search the .o files for the missing symbols?
It happened to me that not all .o modules were inserted in the .a library.

Please try to compile with a different toolchain. When I started working with
konq/e it took me 3 weeks to build a cross-compiler that was able to compile
properly the C++ code. I ended up building one myself as none of the available
ones worked.

Paul Chitescu