Memory usage increasing

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Mon Apr 26 14:19:05 CEST 2004

On Monday 26 April 2004 12:35, "Artem Kurakin"  wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I found following problem with konqueror embedded, last snapshot for 2.2 qt.
>
> When I reload page, using JavaScript many times, then memory usage permanently increasing.
> I used to use ccmalloc for checking memory leak - it reports, that memory leaks
> doesn't depends on reloading.
> But memory using depends on reloading!
>
> Please, give me any advice. I even don't know which direction to see.
> Is it really memory leaks or maybe cache becoming to big? (I don't use disc cache)

KHTML and KJS v2 have serious memory leaks (I think the leak depended on
buggy refcounting).
The problems were fixed with kdelibs v3, but too much changed between the revisions
to easily port the fixes back.
You can try out the snapshots from the trunk.

See http://www.cirulla.net/kdenox-snapshots/

for snapshots based on khtml v3. Remember that you need Qt 3.2 or better to
build from these snapshots.

Luciano