linking fails now ;-)

Johannes Brügmann jbrueg at t-online.de
Fri Apr 23 16:35:15 CEST 2004

Hello xycheng97,
hello all on konq-e,

xycheng97 schrieb am Do, 22 Apr 2004 (um 09:34:37 +0800):

> Where did you get the post?
> Could you please tell me the url?

there wasn't really any posting exactly matching. But Jason wrote
similar experiences with the configure script:

,-------[<http://lists.kde.org/?l=konq-e&m=107821476500482&w=2>]

| After fixing that, (hint dropin/kio/lib...la is missing from the make
| file)

`-------[</http://lists.kde.org/?l=konq-e&m=107821476500482&w=2>]

So I looked in the output of the configure script. In my case there
were missing the

      LIB_KJSHTML = \
        $(top_builddir)/konq-embed/kdesrc/khtml/ecma/libkjs_html_i.la \
        $(top_builddir)/konq-embed/kdesrc/kjs/libkjs.la $(LIBPCRE)

entries. I tried to link manually and succeeded, so I thought let's look
for the real bug... (PEBKAC).

I used Jasons configure script -- next time I will try the real one. If
someone wants an ebuild and a patch of the actions taken have a look at
<http://www-ti.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~bruegman/>. The configure
script is from Jason's posting:
<http://lists.kde.org/?l=konq-e&m=107582990100676&w=2>

Regards,
Johannes
--
      Den Frieden lasse ich euch, meinen Frieden gebe ich  euch.  Nicht
      gebe  ich euch, wie die Welt gibt. Euer Herz erschrecke nicht und

      Johannes 14,27