External handler for ftp? download?

Barry Kauler bkauler at goosee.com
Tue Sep 16 09:14:09 CEST 2003

Hi all,
I'm trying to sort out how to get Konq-e to recognise external apps in my
system. I see from the docs that:

[External Protocols]
mailto=mymailclient

...can I also do this for an FTP site? This is a newbie kind of question probably.
Konq-e doesn't seem to have any kind of "Save target as...", but for an FTP
server, if I can get Konq to launch my ftp client app... dunno, I just want to be
able to download files, not have them appear in another window.

Any thoughts on this? Are you developer guys thinking about this file
download problem? Just a thought, but right-click and save-target-as doesn't
have to be handled inside Konq, could just pass to an external download
manager.

Regards,
Barry Kauler