Konqueror and pb of enlarged fonts.

guran guran at remberg.com
Thu Sep 11 11:36:24 CEST 2003

Hi

I have an interesting problem that I have noticed on two different
installations of KDE and konqueror, on:
Mandrake Cooker and Archlinux on KDE-3.1.3.

I use minimum and medium font sizes of 16 and 18.

1)
Go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi.html.
On the top of the side there is a 'construction' called "LATEST" => only the
upper part of the fonts are readable.

2)
Use the "Bookmarks" menu, and very slowly move the pointer down among the
bookmarks. On my installations the 'on top' bookmark is highlighted, but when
the tip of the pointer sometimes is between two bookmarks the 'sign' "Add
Bookmark" is highlighted.

My guess is that the size on the 'page' is not enlarged in the same multiple
as the fonts.
The first bookmark, "Add Bookmarks" owns the class and the siblings only own
the lines for the fonts, but here the whole menu is enlarged so that
intermediate pixels are owned by the head of the class.

The reslut of 2) is that if the left button on the mouse is pressed in an
intermediate position a new bookmark of the visited page is added.

regards
guran
--
Arch Linux 0.5 kernel-2.4.22

Only in a society that has 'a priori' defined what is the truth
can the result of the evolution of life be defined false.