How to compile Konq-E? (problems with CVS/snapshot version)

Martin Zwickel konq-e@mail.kde.org
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:17:44 +0100

--=.zUsvqRt3lfV+xn

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:49:50 -0500
Keith Kyzivat <kkyzivat@attbi.com> bubbled:

> Martin Zwickel wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the answer!!!!
> >
> >My problem is, that im searching for a light-weight
> >html-rendering-engine.
> >Mozilla is way to big and overloaded.
> >so i thought i should use khtml/gtkhtml. i came to khtml, because it
> >is better than gtkhtml.
> >my last problem was, that i have looked for a browser which uses
> >khtml. konqueror uses all the kde-shit and i thought konq-e should be
> >good for a standalone browser.
> >
> >but i have so much troubles getting konq-e to work.
> >argh....
> >
> Hmm.. Luciano checked in the changes to go to KDE3.1 a month or so
> ago, and it should work with Qt/X11 3.1.1 & 3.1.2 with the
> aforementioned change, methinks.  Me on the other hand, I'm using Qt/E
> (the smaller, lighter weight, framebuffer oriented variant of Qt), and
> there are still bugs in the CVS head version.
>
> If you aren't, here's what you should pull from CVS:
> Konq/E (kdenox module) head and kdelibs 3.1 branch:
> cvs co kdenox
> cvs co -r KDE_3_1_BRANCH kdelibs
yes, i have the KDE3.1 libs.

> I'm not sure if Luciano has finished/checked in/etc the QT clipboard
> support (the error you last mentioned seeing), so if you see the
> error, try recompiling with -DQT_NO_CLIPBOARD.

compiling with QT_NO_CLIPBOARD and luciano's configure!
i think it will work soon!

thanks for the help!!!

Regards,
Martin

--
Martin Zwickel <martin.zwickel@technotrend.de>

Research & Development

TechnoTrend AG <http://www.technotrend.de>
Werner-von-Siemens-Str. 6
86159 Augsburg (Germany)

Tel: [+49-821-450448-16] <---> Fax: [+49-821-450448-11]

This email, together with any attachments,  is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s). Any other distribution, use or
reproduction without the sender's prior consent is  unauthorised and
strictly  prohibited.  If  you have received this message  in error,
please notify the sender by email immediately and delete the message
from your computer without making copies.

--=.zUsvqRt3lfV+xn

--=.zUsvqRt3lfV+xn--