Couple of basic questions

Vinod Bhat vbhat at bay-soft.com
Wed Jun 18 19:18:33 CEST 2003

Hi,

1. Should we use qt-embedded 3.1.2(or 3.2)  or 2.3.6. 2.3.6 is the
latest in 2.x branch. John Ryland from Trolltech suggested to use 2.3
branch. "lot of qt3 features have been back ported to Qt/Embedded 2.3"
sources for qt-embeded 2.3.6 can be downloaded from
ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qtopia/source
In that case I don't have to get patches from KDE_3_x brach.
Any advice on this?

2. I am going to display the video through ffmpeg in a browser.  I have
couple of options, Qtopia support ffmpeg using media plug ins. Does
Embedded konqueror has media plug in support? Can I plug in ffmpeg? Any
projects have done in this area? Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,

-Vinod Bhat