Konq-e compiled with qt3 !! But !!!

suneesh tp tps_nbr at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jul 15 08:28:48 CEST 2003

Hi
   Thank you kentropy...It worked !! .I have compiled
konq/e with qt-embedded-3.1.1,after some changes in
the code.'make -f Makefile.cvs' was not working in the
kdenox ..So I went through the script prepare_kde_src
and commented patching the following.

echo "*** applying khtml javascript connect add-on
patch ..."
#( cd ./kdesrc/khtml && patch -p0 <
./khtml_jsextend_patch.txt )

After that it created the configure script in kdenox
..In order to compile it ,I  added the header
kxmlguiclient.h in dropin/kxmlguifactory.h and
commented line no 153 (return statement) in
konq-embedded/kdesrc/khtml/html/html_objectimpl.cpp
(is it bad to comment this line ?)

KJavaApplet* HTMLAppletElementImpl::applet() const
{
    if (!m_render || !m_render->isApplet())
        return 0L;

   // return
static_cast<KJavaAppletWidget*>(static_cast<RenderApplet*>(m_render)->widget())->applet();
}

So it compiled !!!.
   But I am having some problems when i use it.When I
close the konqueror by clicking the 'X' , a
segmentation fault occurs and my system hangs.The
error shows is..

launcher: error sending launcherSlavePidCmd : Broken
Pipe  Segmentation fault.

   What can be the problem ? How to solve this ?
Anybody  Please help me !!

Thanks in advance

Tps

 --- Kentropy <kentropy at libero.it> wrote: > I've done
the following steps almost successfully.