Problem with kio_smb

Jürgen Sandner konq-e@mail.kde.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:24:51 +0100

Hi.

I am using Konqueror 3.0.3, included in SuSE Linux 8.1.
Accessing our Windows NT Servers, using "smb://my_nt_server/share/"
konqueror tells me, that a file called ... doesnt exist and won't show any
files/directories.

The file-name contains german umlauts. Access with smbclient works perfect,
using codepage 850.

When I create a new file in the share, using konqeror, that contains german
umlauts in its name, then the filename contains irregular characters, when i
look at it from a Windows client.

So I guess it is a codepage problem. Is there a way to tell kio_smb, it should
use codepage 850?

Thanks

juergen sandner