Howto cross-compile for Ipaq/Opie ?

Paul Chitescu konq-e@mail.kde.org
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:31:24 +0200

From: "Sebastian Stoecklein" <stoecklein@web.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile my own Konq/e for using on an Ipaq running
Familiar/Opie
> (using the latest Konq-Embedded-CVS-20021010.tar.gz and
qt-2.3.4-snapshot-20021022).
> [...]
> - "make -f Makefile.cvs" always fails while configuring kflashpart.
> [...]
> kcharsets.cpp:445: warning: extra qualification `KCharsets::' on member
`setQFont' ignored
> [...]

It works with Qt 2.3.1 and 2.3.2
It doesn't work with 3.x - it fails in the way you describe.
I have no idea about 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 which are not from Trolltech download.

The configure failure is due to versions of autoconf, automake and libtools.

Try:
    autoconf-2.53
    automake-1.6
    libtool-1.3.5

I don't know if newer versions will work, Gnu maketools are notoriously bad
on compatibility between versions.

--
 Paul Chitescu
 pchitescu@null.ro   http://pchitescu.null.ro/   ICQ:22641673