error while cross-compiling konqueror

Sanjeev Manral konq-e@mail.kde.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:05:35 +0530

List:     konq-e
Subject:  Re: error while cross-compiling konqueror
From:     "Paul Chitescu" <Paul.Chitescu@IMC-Group.org>
Date:     2002-10-21 16:46:48
[Download message RAW]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sanjeev Manral" <sanjeevm@sanyo.co.in>
To: <konq-e@mail.kde.org>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 10:39 AM
Subject: error while cross-compiling konqueror

> Hi all,
>

> I'm trying to compile konqueror-embedded for powerPC405
> I've compiled qte-2.3.1 and it is working.
> Now I'm cross compiling konqueror. I've configure konqueror with options:-
>
> CC=ppc_405-gcc CXX=ppc_405-g++ AR=ppc_405-ar RANLIB=ppc_405-ranlib
> STRIP=ppc_405-strip ./configure --enable-qt-embedded --enable-embedded
> --host=i386 --target=ppc
>

> when compiling konqueror I'm getting following error-
> [...]

Please search the "xconfigure" script (which is for ARM targets) and modify
it for your processor. It sets a lot of other parameters and environment
variables.

A modified version can be found in:
http://users.pcnet.ro/pchitescu/konq-e/

It sets a little more variables as I also use it to configure other
packages.

You will need to call it something like:

QTDIR=/path/to/cross/qt xconfigure /path/to/configure --options

If you don't use vpaths and you configure in the source directory then you
can skip /path/to/configure as ./configure will be used.

Remember you have to also set the paths at make time - that's what xmake is
used to, as well as building programs without a configure script.

--
 Paul Chitescu
 pchitescu@null.ro   http://pchitescu.null.ro/   ICQ:22641673