cross-compiling linker error linking for ppc860...

Keith Kyzivat konq-e@mail.kde.org
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:04:55 -0500

Paul Chitescu wrote:

>>Ok, Yes, it appears that I have binutils 2.11.. I'll work on bumping up to
>>2.12 (is latest ok? or is 2.12 the recommended stable release?)
>>

>Please stay with 2.12 - 2.13 is buggy at least on two non-i386 targets.
>AFAIK 2.12 is stable on all supported targets.

Paul,

it turned out that the upgrade to binutils 2.12 fixed the problem...
no more R_PPC_REL24 errors linking Konq/E.
It starts up now, onto getting connectivity with IR Remote cursor control..

Thank you for all of your help...

Now, of course, for some strange reason, I'm getting those same linker
errors linking some of the kernel code...
*sigh*

~Keith