[HEAD branch] a couple of advices

Simon Hausmann konq-e@mail.kde.org
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 02:21:24 +0100

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 11:49:44PM +0100, Luciano wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm a bit further in my quest for a compilable HEAD.
> However, the changes that I'm about to commit are a bit less trivial than
> those I submitted earlier, so I would appreciate some suggestions.
> Here are the changes I'm about to commit:
>
> * the new khtml code needs the interfaces/kio/html.h include file.
>   The include file is pretty trivial, containing only an enum.
>   My change involves adding the interfaces directory to CVS
>   under kdesrc, and a Makefile.am with the single line
>   SUBDIRS = kio
>   in it, and a change in the prepare_kde_src script to copy the needed files
>   in the kdesrc/interfaces/kio subdirectory. Is this the correct approach?
>   I don't like adding more stuff than necessary, but this seems necessary to
>   me.

I'm not sure I understand this. Neither does kdelibs/interfaces/kio
exist nor can I find html.h .

> * the second change is needed to compile th kssl subdir.
>   As it is now, the original configure.in.in is copied by the prepare_kde_src
>   script, but in it the AC_OUTPUT(kio/kssl/ksslconfig.h) is commented out and
>   furthermore it creates the file in the wrong place. So I'll add
>   configure.in.in to CVS and remove the 'cp' from the script. This is
>   annoying, since this way changes to the original config.in.in should be
>   tracked, but on the other hand, we are already cherry-picking the source
>   files of the kssl directory.

I don't understand why this is needed either. There is a reason why
the AC_OUTPUT is commented out: AC_OUTPUT / AC_CONFIG_FILES may be
expanded only once. This is why the cvs.sh script greps for 'dnl
AC_OUTPUT' , collects all the arguments and puts them all into a
single AC_CONFIG_FILES. This has worked in the past, I can't see why
it shouldn't work anymore. Was there any specific error message you
got?

> An issue I really need advice on is about the kfileitem.h in the dropin/kio
> directory. It redefines UDSEntry, which is also defined in kdesrc/kio/global.h
> The problem is that this time kfileitem.h and global.h are both included by
> some files, so a comflict happens. As a temporary workaround, I have
> commented out the kfileitem.h definition, and made the code related to it a
> NOP, however, I need to know what uses the kfileitem class. Worst case, it
> needs to be reimplemented with the global.h definition...

Hm, I'm a bit puzzled. I can't see KFileItem being declared in
kio/global.h in HEAD kdelibs, only in kfileitem.h ...

Simon