konq-e won't start when $QTDIR is set

Pope - Undersec Security Team konq-e@mail.kde.org
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:37:44 +0100

Hi!

During the last days I've been posting messages in the opie mailing list=20
(opie@handhelds.org) complaining that konqueror refused to run in my syst=
em.=20
I've been a Familiar user for about a year now, and this was the first ti=
me I=20
came up to such problem.

I have two iPAQs (3660 and 3760), both were installed with Familiar 0.6.1=
 and=20
OPIE 2 weeks ago, and later upgraded to familiar unstable and opie unstab=
le.=20
Well, I installed konqueror (20020311_hh1) and in both of them it won't r=
un=20
(segfault) UNLESS you run it via a ssh session. I looked at the environme=
nt=20
variables that were declared in the ssh session and in an embeddedkonsole=
=20
session, and trying one by one I came up to QTDIR. If I unset it in the=20
embeddedkonsole, launching konqueror is OK, but if I set this variable (t=
o=20
whatever value), konq. segfaults.

If you want, I may strace it for you or do whichever tests you may consid=
erate=20
appropiate.

I'd like to know if you have heard of this problem before.

Thank you very much for your effort!

Regards,

=09Pope

--=20