new (fixed) snapshot (was Re: 1. new snapshot up, untested & Konqueror running in a cool App)

Simon Hausmann konq-e@mail.kde.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:56:01 +0100

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 08:53:04AM +0100, Sebastian Wendt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I compile the snapshot I end up with a parse error  in jsextension.cpp.
> The compiler does not know JSHostExtend.
> Is this a general problem or does this only occur on my development system
> (X86) ?

Argh, silly bug. Fixed now. New snapshot, this time with a proper
version number, up at

http://devel-home.kde.org/~hausmann/snapshots/konqueror-embedded-snapshot-20021216.tar.gz
http://devel-home.kde.org/~hausmann/snapshots/konqueror-embedded-snapshot-20021216.tar.gz.asc

As a side note, to those of you using customized xpm icons in the
pics/ subdirectory: I changed the way the icon arrays are declared.
They used to be static const char *blah_xpm = ... . This however is
not a proper declaration of a constant array of constant strings in
C++, hence I changed it to static const char * const blah_xpm = ... .
As a result old pixmaps are going to break compilation, and imaging
programs don't save files in that format either. To make this less
painful I added a fixup_xpms target to the Makefile in src/ . So
after dropping in your new icon sets just run make fixup_xpms and
everything should work again.

> Furthermore Konq/E is used in a real cool application: a car multimedia
> system !
> Take a look into the attached screenshot or under http://www.vdodayton.de
> and search for MC5400.

Wow! Oh, hm, I can't seem to find a link to MC5400 on that site (and
it looks like you forgot to attach the screenshot? :)

Simon