1. new snapshot up, untested & Konqueror running in a cool App

Oliver Fels konq-e@mail.kde.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:24:13 +0100

Sebastian Wendt wrote:

> if I compile the snapshot I end up with a parse error  in jsextension.cpp.
> The compiler does not know JSHostExtend.
> Is this a general problem or does this only occur on my development system
> (X86) ?

Same here when trying to cross compile for strongarm.

> Furthermore Konq/E is used in a real cool application: a car multimedia
> system !
> Take a look into the attached screenshot or under http://www.vdodayton.de
> and search for MC5400.

I am currently building up my own car infotainment system, based on the ipaq.
I am planning to use the opie mediaplayer with a tape adapter and the C@rweb
system from OPEL via konqueror which can be used via GPRS free of charge
(except the GPRS fee from my telco provider).

OPEL's C@r web is normally sold as a package including an ipaq 3850 and a
Siemens S45 mobile phone for 2000 Euro but I noticed that any Linux ipaq can
be used with konq/e and a network connection as well.

I now have to find a suitable solution to mount the ipaq in the car.

Oliver

Oliver Fels
Feed manager/Coordination
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org | http://www.opie.info (german)
IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de