How to change default settings to open attachments, MS OfficeXP documents

Stephen Liu konq-e@mail.kde.org
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:20:45 +0800

Hi all folks,

Just join this list.

I am trying to change default settings so that clicking a webmail's
attached file in MSWord format will start OpenOffice to read it.

I took following steps on KDE

After making following editing
 From Control Center -> File Browsing -> File Associations ...
moveing OpenOffice up on top of AbiWord

I sent an email with a document created on MS OfficeXP, a table inside, as
attachment to following webmail accounts respectively.

aaa@yahoo.com
aaa@hotmail.com
laaa@ycos.com

I used Konqueror to browse their websites.  Only in yahoo.com the aforesaid
document can be opened with a click in OpenOffice and read correctly.  In
the other 2 websites, clicking the document caused it to die
automatically.  It looks to me a little bid funny.

Have any folk on the list had any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu