Build Problems

konq-e@mail.kde.org konq-e@mail.kde.org
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:33:15 -0600

Hello all,

I'm experiencing some build issues with Konq-e.  First off, I'm using Qtopia
1.4.0 (built with Qt/Embedded 2.3.2) on a proprietary development board
(AAED-2000 from Agilent Technologies).  We're running Linux on an ARM9-based
core.  Finally, I'm using the Konq-e snapshot 20020127.

When using the ./configure script I run into an issue where it believes that
my Qt/Embedded version is not >= 2.2.2, because it cannot read the .so
library (it's an ARM ELF for my target).  I can't seem to find a way to
build with the arm-linux-X toolchain.

Also, I can't seem to find a whole lot of documentation on the build
process, proper options, etc.  I did find a reference to an xconfigure
script, but the example given seems to be very build-tree dependant for the
machine on which that particular command is run (it won't work on my
machine).

In any case, if anyone has some tips on building Konq-e properly, please let
me know.  Oh, I'm trying to get Qtopia 1.5 up and running so I can attempt
to use the iPaq binary that is available.

Regards,

Adam