Hello Kompare

Jean-Nicolas Artaud jeannicolasartaud at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:37:02 UTC 2012

2012/6/11 Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>

> 11.06.2012, 18:35, "Kevin Kofler" <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:
> > Hi Jean-Nicolas,
> >
> > welcome to Kompare!
> >
> > On Monday 11 June 2012, Jean-Nicolas Artaud wrote:
> >
> >>  I'm Jean-Nicolas Artaud, I did hack on KOffice/Calligra and use
> Kompare to
> >>  review patch. I would like to work on the folder diffing, in my
> personnal
> >>  time. So, where can I begin to hack ?
> >
> > The code is currently in kdesdk SVN trunk, we (all of kdesdk) are in
> process
> > of migrating to git (where Kompare will have its own module).
>
> I also maintain unofficial git mirror:
>
> git://github.com/annulen/kompare.git
>

> > Kompare should already be buildable standalone without the rest of
> kdesdk. (A
> > patch for that was committed a while ago.)
>
> Yes, current revision is buildable - I've contributed that patch and build
> Kompare
> this way reqularly.
>

> >>  Have you got a wiki with building instructions ?
>
> mkdir build
> cd build
> cmake ..
> # Repeat if some dependencies were not found
> make
>
> --
> Regards,
> Konstantin

Thank you guys for this help,

I now have kompare building and working great (and yes it perfectly works
in stand alone build cause i tried to compiled it alone).
I saw that the thing I wanted to add is already working perfectly..

But the code is really nice so I am not against having another feature
which could be implemented in kompare, maybe not too tricky to begin !
I am listening to your thoughts :-) cause I didn't find any "junior job" or
so the wiki. Btw, there is nothing in the wiki except the git migration.

Thanks for advance,

Regards

--
Jean-Nicolas