Hello Kompare

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jun 11 14:35:22 UTC 2012

Hi Jean-Nicolas,

welcome to Kompare!

On Monday 11 June 2012, Jean-Nicolas Artaud wrote:
> I'm Jean-Nicolas Artaud, I did hack on KOffice/Calligra and use Kompare to
> review patch. I would like to work on the folder diffing, in my personnal
> time. So, where can I begin to hack ?

The code is currently in kdesdk SVN trunk, we (all of kdesdk) are in process
of migrating to git (where Kompare will have its own module).

Kompare should already be buildable standalone without the rest of kdesdk. (A
patch for that was committed a while ago.)

> Have you got a wiki with building instructions ?

The instructions are the same as for any other KDE package, there are no
special build dependencies, just kdelibs. (But of course, diff is required at
runtime.)

> Should I contact someone first ?

You already did contact the responsible maintainer (me) through this list.

Do you have KDE SVN/git commit access already? If yes, the same access also
works for Kompare. If no, you will have to ask the KDE sysadmins for write
access if you want it.

If you want me to have a look at your patches, submit them to KDE ReviewBoard
with "kkofler" under "People".

I hope this helps,
        Kevin Kofler