Annoying behavior on a dual-screen setup

Petar Bogdanov petar.bogdanov at mentormate.com
Thu Apr 12 14:31:37 UTC 2012

I'd first like to state my appreciation for Kompare. It's awesome.

So, what happens is:
1. I open a patchset (multiple files and directories affected),
maximized, on my primary screen. The files *must* contain wide enough
lines to *not* fit in the visible area.
2. select a different file from the patchset.
3. Kompare maximizes on my SECONDARY screen

Monitor setup:
   - primary monitor on the right (1920x1080)
  - secondary monitor on the left (1440x900)

Moving to the secondary monitor is very stupid, because it's smaller,
blurrier and less wide.

You can change your primary monitor with xrandr.  Examples:
*xrandr *
(lists available outputs)

*xrandr --output HDMI1 --primary*
(HDMI/DVI monitor becomes primary)