Using the KomparePart in KDevelop

Killerfox killerfox512 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 16:09:00 UTC 2009

Hello List, I am the GSoC student working on refactoring support for KDevelop.
Right now I am working on a dialog to show the users the changes made by a
plugin, and then allowing them to change something if they don't find it
accurate.

I want to embed a KomparePart into the dialog. However it has been quite hard
to find documentation about how to use a KomparePart. From what I have
gathered it is preferred to create a KPart through KMimeTypeTrader, however I
won't be working with diff files, but with two versions of the file, and I was
hoping that Kompare could do the diff, and display the changes.

So could anyone here point me in the right direction on how to go about this?

Thanks