Koffice

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Jul 10 11:48:17 CEST 2011

On Saturday 09 July 2011 21.49.49 David M. Zehner wrote:
> Dear Koffice,
>
> I use windows 7 and have heard very good things about Koffice but to
> date I have not been able to download it and get it running.  I am new
> at all this and really do need any help you could PLEASE give me.

Hi David,

I have been working a bit to make everything compile using the kde-windows
emerge concept.  While stuff compiled and installed, I never got it to actually
start up and the emerge system had too many bugs for me to put more time into
it.
For someone interested; I'll attach the config file for emerge here.  (place in
an emerge checkout under portage/contributed/koffice-master/)

Last I heard is that for the Google Summer of Code there is a student working
together with the kde-windows team to come up with a better build system,
maybe I'll try again then.

So, while there have been efforts to get this working, I'm afraid to say it
needs someone to put more time into this.

Thanks for asking!
--
Thomas Zander