KMyMoney 5.1.2 conflict with Olympia

John Peters john.peters at gmx.fr
Thu Oct 27 10:07:58 BST 2022

Answers below. I'll be happy to examine further if necessary.

Thanks for your help.

John

https://www.olympia-astrologie.com/

> Minor question - are you running Gnome or Plasma as your main
> desktop?  It shouldn't really matter,
Ubuntu 22.04 MATE

> When KMM fails to start, are there any error messages, or just a
> silent failure?  Have you tried starting KMM from command line to see
> if anything useful is reported to console?  You might also try "strace
> kmymoney" and start by just looking at the last dozen lines or so.
> The total output will be pretty large, so capturing to a file might be
> wise, so you can examine it at your leisure. If you don't see anything
> obvious, try grepping for fail or err.

Starting from command line when Olympia is installed returns:
"qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in ""
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be
initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

> Additional thoughts:  examine the list of files installed by Olympia.
> (did you build from source or use the ubuntu package?) Not likely, but
> see if it might have overwritten some other system (especially KDE)
> library.
Installed the .deb downloaded from Olympia Essai Linux
<https://olympia-astrologie.com/download/fkapcnrbzgcovmzb/> using Gdebi
(left click and it installs. I don't know where to look to find the
associated files.