KMyMoney and Finance::Quote

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Aug 6 14:55:03 BST 2022

On Freitag, 5. August 2022 07:47:56 CEST Andre Joost via KMyMoney wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
> Am 04.08.22 um 21:42 schrieb Jack via KMyMoney:
>

> > Have you tried with/without stripping the html tags. (I have no idea how
> > that would work with a csv file, but it is not clear to me whether the
> > request downloads a real csv file, or displays one in a web page.
>
> The result is a "real" CSV file, with no html tags inside. You can get
> it manually from
> <https://www.union-investment.de/fonds_depot/fonds-finden/preise-berechnen#HistorischeTagespreise>
> after selcting the funds from the right side. The URL used in perl makes
> this selection, as well as date and decimal separator.
>

> > Are you certain that you are testing against the same file the KMM
> > retrieves?  I know there was a way to get the exact URL used, so you can
> > be sure you are testing the same data.
>
> Inside KMM, you see the command line that KMM started, using
> financequote.pl unionfunds ISIN
>

> > Aside from changing the means of getting the csv file, has the format of
> > that file changed any?  Specifically, have they perhaps changed the
> > order of columns?
>
> Yes, they are rearranged, but I checked that. It works on the command
> line and inside GnuCash, reurning the right values. In financequote.pl,
> there is a disabled print option to dump all returned values, and they
> look ok.
>

> > Minor point, I would strongly avoid using any version 4 of KMM, it's
> > older than ancient, and totally unsupported.  5.0.8 is also very old,
> > although I don't think that has anything to do with your main problem.
>
> I don't use KMM4 anymore, but it is still on my Windows machine. In this
> case, it returns the same behaviour as KMM 5. I guess the code around FQ
> has not been changed.

Some parts may have been changed due to a GSoC project last year. So I am
not sure. For some reason, I cannot run the perl script. Update: well after
some tweaking (removing some local leftovers from a manually installed F::Q
version) I am now able to retrieve the list of sources with

 perl /usr/share/kmymoney/misc/financequote.pl -l

and the combo box in KMyMoney fills with the translated names of the sources
when I turn on the "Use Finance::Quote" checkbox with the security.

I cannot retrieve any quotes though, because I get the following error:

kmymoney_webpricequote: quotedata "Can't locate Mozilla/CA.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Mozilla::CA module) (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.26.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.26.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26.1/Finance/Quote/Tiaacref.pm line 33.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 297) line 1.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 297) line 1.\n at /usr/share/kmymoney/misc/financequote.pl line 56.\nError 2"

kmymoney_webpricequote: stripped text "Can't locate Mozilla/CA.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Mozilla::CA module) (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.26.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.26.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26.1/Finance/Quote/Tiaacref.pm line 33. Compilation failed in require at (eval 297) line 1. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 297) line 1. at /usr/share/kmymoney/misc/financequote.pl line 56. Error 2"

when running KMyMoney inside a terminal window. I see the same message when running

  perl /usr/share/kmymoney/misc/financequote.pl unionfunds US7565771026

I am not a perl expert and don't see the necessary package on my openSUSE
Leap 15.4 which brings the missing Mozilla/CA.pm module. The ISIN is that
of RedHat in case you wonder.

@Andre: can you provide the output of the above command so that I can probably
bypass my local problem and see why KMyMoney has a problem with it?

If you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys.