KMyMoney and Finance::Quote

Andre Joost andrejoost at gmx.de
Thu Aug 4 20:02:09 BST 2022

Dear list,

I use KMyMoney for years now on Windows and Linux, and I am used to
update my fund prices with Finance::Quote. Recently, Union Investment
has dropped the CSV file from which the fund prices were extracted in
the FQ module Union.pm.

As an alternative, they offer a CSV file with historic prices on their
website. So I have tried to rewrite the perl module to get my prices back:

<https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/issues/226>

<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Andre-J/finance-quote/master/lib/Finance/Quote/Union.pm>

To use it, one has to change the symbol from WKN (which was used before)
to ISIN. The renewed module works in GnuCash, but not inside KMyMoney:
"No price or no date".
I found a calling module financequote.pl inside the KMM tree, which
works for me on the command line, but not inside KMM:

perl financequote.pl unionfunds DE0008491002

         finding price for <DE0008491002> from <unionfunds>
"DE0008491002","2022-008-003","51.76"

Can anyone with insight of the KMM code around FQ tell me what goes wrong?

I tested with KMM 4.84 and 5.12 on Windows, and 5.08 on Linux Mint. So
it is not an OS issue.

Greetings,
Andre Joost