Bug in investment reports?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Apr 16 08:03:25 BST 2022

Hi Koos,

On Sonntag, 10. April 2022 15:08:45 CEST Koos Pol via KMyMoney wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It seem the investment related reports use the last known ticker price.
> I need to know the original investment value (for the balance sheet). So
> I'd expect the "Net worth by year" report to use the price of purchase,
> not the last know price. Is that as intended? I think this could be
> considered a bug.
> I'm now fiddling with the individual transactions to gather some
> baseline values. But it doesn't work well and is a rather convoluted
> process.
> Is it difficult to modify the logic of a report? (In a previous life I
> was a professional Java developer). A pointer would be appreciated.

The price used depends on the date (AFAIR) in the report. So the
"Net worth by year" takes the price on Dec 31st for that matter. The
price could be the one of the last purchase/sale if no other
information is available. Adding a price manually for Dec 31st thus
could make a difference for you.

The reporting engine is a tricky beast. The core of it can be found in
plugins/views/reports/core and for the networth report it would be the
pivottable.cpp file. The definition of the default reports is located
in plugins/views/reports/kreportsview_p.h in the method loadView().

Again, I am not 100% sure about all the details of the report engine
even more so if it comes to investments so the above might be mistaken.

God is real... unless declared an integer