ofx import ignoring one transaction

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 19 14:44:12 GMT 2021

On 3/19/21 3:19 AM, Thomas Baumgart wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>

> On Donnerstag, 18. März 2021 19:59:49 CET Jack wrote:
>

> > With KMyMoney from 5.1 git head, and libofx 0.10.1, ofx import is
>
> > failing to import one particular transaction.  This is with either
>
> > direct connect or a downloaded file.  It looks like that the specific
>
> > transaction type is not recognized.  (Note I've substituted 123456
>
> > below for the actual account number.)
>

> > The section from the ofx file is:
>
> > <INVBANKTRAN>
>
> > <STMTTRN>
>
> > <TRNTYPE>DIRECTDEP
>
> > <DTPOSTED>20210317110000.000[-5:EST]</DTPOSTED>
>
> > <TRNAMT>2800
>
> > <FITID>20210317AF051005900003552
>
> > <NAME>Direct Deposit
>
> > <MEMO>IRS  TREAS 310 OSTROFF, JACK H & MARG
>
> > </STMTTRN>
>
> > <SUBACCTFUND>CASH
>
> > </INVBANKTRAN>
>

> > and ofxdump produces:
>

> > ofx_proc_transaction():
>
> > Account ID : www.mldirect.ml.com 123456
>
> > Transaction type: DIRECTDEP: Direct deposit
>
> > Date posted: Wed Mar 17 11:00:00 2021 EDT
>
> > Total money amount: 2800.00
>
> > # of units: -2800.0000 (bonds: face value; options: contracts; all
>
> > others: shares)
>
> > Unit price: 1.0000 (bonds: % of par; options: premium per share of
>
> > underlying; all others: price per share)
>
> > Financial institution's ID for this transaction:
>
> > 20210317AF051005900003552
>
> > Investment transaction type: INVBANKTRAN (Transfer cash in and out
>
> > of the investment account)
>
> > Name of payee or transaction description: Direct Deposit
>
> > Extra transaction information (memo): IRS  TREAS 310 OSTROFF, JACK
>
> > H & MARG
>
> > Funding sub account type: CASH
>

> > If I run from command line, I see:
>

> > OfxImporterPlugin::storeStatements() with 1 statements called
>
> > OfxImporterPlugin::importStatement start
>
> > KMyMoneyPlugin::KMMStatementInterface::import start
>
> > Updating account in MyMoneyStatementReader::startImport failed
>

> This means, the plugin has already converted the OFX specifics into the
>
> KMyMoney general statement import format. You can turn on logging for it
>
> and check for any peculiarities.

I'll have to check again, but I thought I did have logging on.  The
above was from the downloaded file, but I confirmed it matched what was
in ofxlog.txt.  That transaction does NOT show up in the generated
kmm-statement-.... file. That file has no TRANSACTION parts, but I do
see the four SECURITY entries.