Feature request

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 21:26:41 GMT 2021

------------------------------

> Ivan,
>
> On Dienstag, 26. Januar 2021 02:18:45 CET Ivan Perez wrote:
>
> >* Hi all
> *> >* The reports currently convert amounts to the base currency of the category.
> *> >* I'd like to request one or two new features:
> *> >* - Keep amounts in original currency in account (regardless of the currency
> *>* of the categories shown in the report).
> *
> That is how KMyMoney works. Each category and account can be denominated in a specific currency.
> The user has the option to select it when creating the currency (which defaults to
> the base currency). Once a category is used, the currency cannot be changed anymore.
> https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.categories.html#details. <https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.categories.html#details.categories.create>categories <https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.categories.html#details.categories.create>.create <https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.categories.html#details.categories.create>
>
> Yes, I understand that that's the way it works. But I am proposed that the
way categories are used be changed.

> >* - Force all amounts to appear in a specific currency (converting if
> *>* transaction unavailable in that currency).
> *
> Reports have an option to convert values to base currency. You can turn that off.
> https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.reports.config.html
>
> I had already tried that, of course. I mean specify the language of the
report irrespective of the default currency of the book or the categories
used:
- Imagine you have a book with default category in USD.
- You have EUR entries in some accounts, but classified in USD categories
to avoid having to duplicate the categories.
- When you get a report, if things are classified by category and account.
Amounts in USD-categories will appear in USD regardless of the original
currency of the *transaction*. I propose that that be changed.

I'd like to be able to tick a box that says "keep all amounts in original
currency of the transaction in the ledger", and even "keep all amounts in
currency XXX regardless of the original currency".

Ivan